Man Electrocuted To Death While Using Charging Mobile Phone, Had Burns Across Hand .

Technology Articles

26 Views

        

A man was electrocuted to death while playing on his charging phone in Chonburi, western Thailand, on Monday.

The man, identified as 28-year-old Kittisak Moonkitti, was playing on his black Android smartphone in his room Monday morning. His mother decided to check on him before leaving for work but found him lying motionless on his bed. Upon a closer look, the mother, 57-year-old Rinnaporn Moonkitti, noticed burn marks across his right hand. The man was holding his phone in his right hand which was plugged on to the socket.

The mother then tried to wake the man up by poking him with a stick but to no response. She immediately called the police.

Recalling the incident, Rinnaporn said, “I came here to visit him but he stayed in his bedroom all the time, even when I called out to him to help me clean. That's when I went to check him in his bedroom. I was worried that he was sick because he did not respond to any of my call and my nudges. Then I contacted the police right away.”

The responding officers pronounced Kittisak dead and believed that he died from electric shock while using a charging phone.

“The body examination by the paramedics showed burns on the victim's right hand which suggested that he was electrocuted by his charging phone. We will take the body for a post-mortem examination before we will confirm the cause of death,” police said. The brand of the phone was not known.

iphone charging This is a representational image of a charging phone. Photo: AFP/Getty Images/Brendan Smialowski