Premature ageing got you down? Koko Hayashi, Kim and Kourtney Kardashian’s face yogi, reveals three tips to fight those pesky wrinkles
“Face Yoga is a great natural solution to regain your youthful appearance,” says Koko Hayashi, Kim and Kourtney Kardashian’s face yogi. “We wake up sleeping muscles in the face to lift up the skin, and relax overworked muscles for wrinkle reduction.” Here are three basic face yoga exercises Hayashi recommends to prevent premature signs of ageing.
See also: How To Get More Beauty Sleep
Problem: Wrinkles around the mouth
This move relaxes the face and can help reduce wrinkles around the mouth. “There are many muscles that start near the lips, so by vibrating there, you can easily relax other facial muscles,” says Hayashi.
1. Inhale deeply, expanding your abdomen.
2. Now exhale, vibrating your cheeks as much as possible. Make some noise when you exhale. The bigger the vibration, the better.
Pro Tip: You are not intentionally vibrating your lips—even though it happens; you’re vibrating your cheeks.
Problem: Double chin
1. Slowly look up and stretch your neck to the ceiling.
2. Stick your chin out and up towards the ceiling.
3. While keeping the chin out, stick out your tongue to the ceiling. 4. Hold the pose for 10 seconds. Repeat this three times each day.
Pro Tip: Do not create wrinkles on your forehead. If you have to, close your eyes to relax the forehead. If you have neck pain, do not do this move.
1. Stretch your lower face to one side as much as possible.
2. Hold it for 10 seconds. Repeat three times each day.
Pro Tip: Those vertical lines do not stay, but if you care, use your fingers to prevent wrinkles on your cheeks.